Small businesses often face many roadblocks on the path to success. While some can be easily handled, others are challenging to overcome. For instance, even a skilled accountant or barber can face difficulty in amplifying their business if they do not possess the necessary marketing skills.
Today, almost every successful business is technologically-advanced. However, due to maintaining a balance between budget and advertising, small businesses fail to unlock the full potential of digital marketing. Interestingly, small businesses do not venture into new dimensions due to unawareness or fear of failure.
As a result, they fail to evolve accordingly. In this article, we have listed a few tried and tested marketing advice for small business owners.
7 tried and tested marketing advice for small business owners
Build a Marketing Strategy
A lack of marketing strategy is the main driving factor behind the failure of most new businesses. Most businesses fail in one of the following stages.
- Lead generation: Where businesses fail to attract the quality customers
- Customer retention: After successful advertising camping and generating leads, businesses fail to convert prospects into customers at this stage.
- Scale up the business: After establishing their authority, some businesses fail to adapt to the new trends or cater to growing requirements.
So, the first step entails creating a sustainable marketing strategy followed by a plan to pipeline qualified leads into successful sales.
Spread the word about your brand
Brand awareness is the next important thing. No matter how small your business is, there is always a scope to enhance its image or spread its reach. Consider the following tips for a successful brand awareness campaign.
- Find your target audience, understand their requirements, and find a solution.
- Differentiate your brand from others, especially from competitors. For instance, a local barber can use a simple design barber logo tool to make a personalized logo and create a distinct brand image.
- Provide quality services or products. Let your customers become the main source of advertisement.
Create an interactive business website
Do you know that you can easily build a winning business website on an affordable budget? Small businesses, in particular, can leverage their website to provide accurate and authentic information about their:
- Business hours
- Products and services
Furthermore, they can even integrate google forms to let visitors leave a request. Overall, your business website is a reflection of your business.
Search Engine Optimization
Without Search Engine Optimization (SEO), your website’s online visibility will remain low. SEO optimizes your small business website to its search engine algorithm friendly. A good ranking on Search engine result pages (SERPs) means more traffic to your website. So, more leads mean more customers. Here are some tried and tested SEO tips for you:
- Do local keyword research and optimize your web content accordingly
- Provide quality and informative content on your website
- Request reviews and ratings from the customers
- Stick to your niche or specific topic
- Build high-quality backlinks
Leverage the power of social media
When it comes to running small campaigns, social media is the best place to start. You can run inexpensive ads on platforms such as Facebook or Twitter to target a particular group. Interestingly, social media ads target audiences based on age, sex, location, and interests.
Apart from runnings ads, use social media in the following ways:
- Facebook to create a community, post pictures, updates, and discounts
- Twitter to share news and receive feedback
- Youtube to share success stories and quality videos
- Instagram to share high-resolution images of your product or services
Google My Business
Google my business is a powerful tool that allows local businesses to target local clients. For example, whenever a user searches “ the best electrician near me,” the search engine lists the relevant businesses. Customers can get information about the business’s working hours, URL, contact number, and directions without clicking any particular name.
So, if your business doesn’t have a GMB account, make one now and optimize it for search engines.
Leverage email marketing
Although an old concept, email marketing is useful for sending personalized messages, news, and product information. Today, you can use automation to send customized email timings and content. Moreover, various email marketing tools available in the market can provide useful insights about the outreach of your email marketing campaign.
As evident, small businesses can meet their marketing goals by making small adjustments. In the initial stages, do not extend your budget beyond your means. Instead, follow the tried and tested marketing advice given in this article and continue doing a good job. You can easily ace your marketing efforts with patience and a foolproof marketing strategy.