Because Oracle has stopped providing Premier Support for EBS 12.1, you must update to version 12.2.0 if you are an Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) customer still using release 12.1. Without Premier Support, your company misses out on a lot of recent Oracle EBS features, and keeping an EBS system up and running without Oracle’s assistance carries a significant operational risk. Simply simply, it’s essential to update to the most recent version best crm for small business.
In this article, we’ll talk about the risks businesses run by sticking on Oracle 12.1, as well as the advantages of moving to 12.2. Additionally, we offer an Oracle EBS upgrade testing strategy and go over how automation facilitates a painless transition from 12.1 to 12.2 over the course of several months.
What risks lurk in continuing to use Oracle EBS 12.1?
It may seem like a large task to upgrade to EBS version 12.2, and in all honesty, it is. However, sticking with version 12.1 exposes your company to more business risk in terms of data and system performance, particularly without Oracle’s Premier Support as a backup plan.
The following are some of the key dangers of continuing to use EBS 12.1:
- According to the Ponemon Institute, staying on 12.1 might cost Oracle EBS clients $9.4 million in lost regulatory compliance.
- Your exposure to data breaches increases if your EBS setup doesn’t receive any updated security fixes. The average cost of a data breach, according to IBM, is $4.24 million.
- Due to the outdated software’s poor performance, you can notice interruptions in your regular company operations.
- Applications that lack patches may operate slowly.
- With regular EBS updates, downtime is frequent. According to a Statista poll, the average hourly outage cost goes from $300,000 to $400,000.
Opkey’s automation platform will expedite your Oracle EBS upgrades
Due to inaccurate planning and a lack of data availability, the extent of EBS upgrades is frequently underestimated. According to McKinsey, 50 percent of all significant IT projects, including EBS upgrades, fall short of their intended ROI. These projects often overspend by 45% and take longer than expected by 70%. Oracle EBS testing tools like Opkey makes creative use of automation to keep your upgrade prices low and timescales short.
Opkey’s platform goes beyond other test automation tools by utilizing AI to speed up test discovery, test authoring, and test maintenance. The best feature of Opkey’s platform is that anyone who is not technically inclined can utilize it.
Top-tier test automation tools for EBS updates are provided by Opkey’s test automation platform:
- No-code test creation: Opkey’s no-code test automation uses AI and machine learning to instantly transform manual test cases into automated ones. No coding is necessary.
- Pre-built accelerators: Opkey provides users with more than 2,000 pre-built, automated test scripts for testing important EBS application transactions, saving them from having to write tests from scratch.
- Impact analysis of the upgrade: There are numerous changes between EBS 12.1 to 12.2. Opkey’s impact analysis offers a comprehensive perspective of the business flows and modifications that are most likely to be affected, helping to direct the creation of test plans and guarantee priority testing of the most crucial activities.
- Opkey supports 150+ technologies and 14+ bundled applications for end-to-end testing. When data is transferred to multiple programs or plugins, every business process can be thoroughly verified to avoid broken operations.
- Retrofit for CEMIL: Opkey’s drag-and-drop process builder enables EBS users to retrofit their test cases with the least amount of work and, once more, without coding.