PDF Books are everywhere on the internet, such as PDF Drive, which offers millions of free-of-charge PDF books. If you have PDF books stored on your computer, you might be asking how to put a PDF into Google Drive. It’s not that Google Drive doesn’t support PDF files, but it isn’t a primary storage location for such documents. Some workarounds will allow you to upload and store a PDF file in Google Drive. You can use your browser or cloud storage service to upload documents to Google Drive. If you want someone to access a file without sending it back and forth by email, consider uploading it as a PDF file into your Google Drive account. They can access it from anywhere with an internet connection whenever they need to view it. Let’s look at how we can accomplish these tasks regarding putting a PDF into Google Drive. Keep reading!
What Is A PDF?
PDF stands for Portable Document Format. It is a file format that allows you to create searchable documents accessible on any computer, laptop, tablet, or mobile device. You might use PDFs if you’re working with a team that needs to collaborate on documents, if you need to send sensitive documents via email, or if you’re printing out multiple copies of a document. You can use PDF readers to view and print out PDFs. Most computers and mobile devices have PDF readers installed, so you don’t need to download any special software. If you’re publishing a document online, like on a blog or website, you might choose to publish it as a PDF. This way, people can download a copy of the document and print it out. If you prefer to share a link to the document on your site and allow people to view it online, you can create a “read-only” or “view-only” PDF.
Introducing Google Drive
With Google Drive, users can save, share, and work together on documents, spreadsheets, and other files from any location. A document may be converted to PDF and stored in your Google Drive account. In comparison to other premium cloud storage services like Dropbox and Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive provides more storage capacity.
You have free storage for up to 15 GB of data if you utilize Google Drive. Google offers a variety of pricing options to meet the needs of individuals and businesses, including storage space and priority customer assistance. Google Drive lets you store files and view them from any internet-connected device. Additionally, you may distribute files to others, allowing them to see and modify them using their own Google accounts. Using Google Drive, you can create and edit documents, excel files, slideshows, forms, and more.
Features Of Google Drive
Google Drive is famous among individuals of any age due to its high functionality. You can utilize the platform for daily work, research, and studies. Here are the top features of Google Drive.
- Store, share, and collaborate on files. You can use Google Drive to store, share and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets, presentations, images, PDFs, and more.
- Create and edit documents. You can create and edit documents, presentations, spreadsheets, and more from within Google Drive. Google has plenty of services to offer users that can be handy for them in many ways.
- Accessible anywhere. You can access your files stored in Google Drive from any computer or mobile device with an internet connection. Google Drive has an application and is also accessible on your browser.
- Collaborate with others. You can invite others to collaborate with you on files stored in your Google Drive. You can allow other users to edit the file you have. Teamwork is possible using Google Drive as you can also view who entered data.
- Organize with folders. You can organize your files with folders to easily find and access files from anywhere. It’s easy to keep your files and locate them whenever needed.
- Store files of any size. You can store files of any size in your Google Drive account. There is no limit on the file size you want to keep on your Google Drive account.
How To Put A PDF Into Your Google Drive
Google Drive is a versatile platform to address all your storage needs. It’s easy to put a PDF into your Google Drive. Here is the step-by-step guide you can follow if you have a laptop or desktop. The steps differ for mobile devices and tablets.
- Search for Google Drive. Google Drive has an application, but since this tutorial is handy for laptop and desktop users, you should access Google Drive using your browser. Sign in with your account on Google to proceed with the next step.
- Get Your File And Drop It To Google Drive. Locate the PDF file on Google Drive that you wish to publish. Put the file into your Google Drive folder by dragging it there. The drag-and-drop approach may be used before creating a folder on Google Drive.
- Wait For The File To Upload. The upload time would vary depending on your internet connection. Make sure your file has successfully uploaded before exiting Google Drive on your browser.
Benefits Of PDF Format
PDF is a famous file format across various devices. PDFs provide many benefits making them an excellent choice for document sharing, printing, and accessing online. These include:
- Uneditable Files. You can protect sensitive data and prevent people from copying or editing PDF documents. PDF files are uneditable files that you can only read using various devices.
- Easy Sharing Files. You can send and receive PDF files via email or share them online for easy access. PDF files have a small file size, which makes them suitable for easy sharing in various ways.
- Accessible Files On Any Device. You can view and read PDF files on computers, laptops, smartphones, and tablets. PDF format is an accessible file format that you can access and read using various devices.
The PDF file format has been around for decades. This format is widely used for long-form content like reports, journals, and books. You can put a PDF into your Google Drive account and access it anytime. Google Drive is top-notch cloud storage free and accessible to anyone. Read more guides on how to use Google Drive using PDF Drive.
Also Read About –