Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching, and you’ve probably been looking for unique ways to make the day memorable for your favourite someone. The special day of love is incomplete without a saccharine treat; that is a cake! You can never conclude or even start your Valentine’s Day celebration without having a cake-cutting ceremony with your beloved. There is a plethora of mesmerising cakes available in many flavours and designs that are perfect for your Valentine’s celebration with your beloved. These desserts are ideal for making this Valentine’s Day extra special, as they are absolute heaven in every bite! But how do you know what designs and trends are the best?
Well, we have curated this blog to answer all your queries regarding cake trends and designs associated with Valentine’s Day. But before commencing the list, have you considered baking a cake for your darling partner? If you have given this a thought, then we have a surprise for you. Nothing says “Valentine’s Day” like baking something special for the people you care about. Also, if you’re a beginner at baking, it emphasises your efforts and hard work! Find a fantastic yet easy cake recipe at the end of this blog for your reference. So, let’s start with some exotic valentine day cakes ruling over the hearts! Read on!
Heart-Shaped Red Velvet Cake
Valentine’s Day is associated with love, and what can be a better cake to celebrate the day than a red velvet cake, and that too, in a heart shape? Make your dearest partner joyful by surprising them with an exotic cake and tickling their heart and taste buds in a saccharine way.
Heart-Shaped Vanilla Fondant Cake
The trend of making miniature designs on top of the cake has skyrocketed over a few years, which is why you can get a delectable vanilla-flavoured, or any other flavoured cake that can be topped with little hearts this Valentine’s Day made with fondant. The fondant is like a sugar sheet that makes the cake look more exquisite and enhances the taste.
Dripping Blueberry Cake
For some time, there has been a rise in the popularity of blueberry-flavoured cakes for many occasions, and one such event is Valentine’s Day. You can make it in a heart shape, but we suggest you go with a round shape and cover half of the cake with dripping blueberry ganache. The side of the cake can be customised with your partner’s name.
Another trend that has been getting popular in cakes is having two or three tiers or stages. You can have any of your favourite flavoured cakes with levels. All the tiers can be adorned with natural, dried, icing, and even fondant flowers. You can also add a couple-figurine on the top of the cake to make it more alluring.
Nothing can beat this classic yet trendy evergreen cake. You can add an adorable picture of you and your beloved to the cake, making it more precious and alluring. Get your favourite flavoured cake in a heart shape and express your love to your special someone.
You can also order these trending cakes and get them delivered to your doorsteps or your partner’s via Floweraura cake delivery services. But if you want to bake a cake, refer to the easy and quick recipe below.
Chocolate Mousse Cake
- Prepare the Crust:
- One cup of coarsely crushed biscuits (any biscuit will work)
- Half a cup of melted butter
- Prepare the Filling
- Two cups of chopped dark chocolate
- One cup of warm heavy cream
- Two cups of heavy whipped cream
- One-fourth cup of cookie butter
- Crushed cookie crumbs for garnishing
- Bring one cup of whipping cream to a simmer in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Pour the other batch of warm cream over the coarsely chopped dark chocolate and stir until the chocolate melts and the ganache is smooth. Set aside to cool it down completely.
- Beat the remaining cream on high speed with an electric mixer until it doubles in volume and forms firm peaks.
- Fold the cooled ganache into the whipped cream with care. Mixing too vigorously will result in the removal of all the air. Now, pour the batter over the cooled base.
- Allow the cake to rest in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours or until completely set.
- Sprinkle the cookie crumbs on top of the cake and drizzle with cookie butter.
There You Have It
Now you know the evergreen cake trends and have a luscious easy-to-bake cake recipe. Celebrate the day of love in a saccharine way!