When COVID-19 first immersed then, it took almost a year for scientists and doctors all around the globe to understand what to do. Today, people know that an epidemic can arise anytime and anywhere. You don’t need to be ill or weak to get caught in this epidemic. COVID-19 has already shown us that no matter how immune you are or how much you know about medicine. It doesn’t matter because your knowledge will only be used if any new virus arises.
In these critical situations, your medical history can be of great importance, so it’s necessary to keep all your medical records and reports updated and safe. The Indian government has taken a very important measure to nullify this problem. The government has launched the facility of Abha Card. Abha Card is quite popular among all Indians, but many of you might have a question, What is Abha Card? Many people, whether literate or illiterate, might need to learn about the workings and necessities of the Abha Card. All these people have discussed the essentials and importance of the Abha Card below in detail.
What is an Abha Card?
The government has launched the Abha Card for the convenience of Indian citizens, and it’s essential and useful for everyone. If you have the same question, then it’s not strange because most of the Indians for whom the facility of Abha Card is launched have the same question in their minds. Even well-educated people need some clarification about the workings and necessities of the Abha Card.
Abha Card is a health card that is available to all Indian citizens. After the massive pandemic, whenever you visit a doctor, the first thing they will ask for is your medical history; your doctor must know about your medical history because only after knowing that they will be able to provide you with the best-suited medical treatments and medicines. Abha Card provides you with the same facilities. Having an Abha Card will allow you to upload all your medical reports and treatment details to the government. The government will safely maintain all your records.
Features of Abha Card
- The most important feature of the Abha Card is its safety. Usually, many people doubt these sorts of websites that ask for their details. They fear that their details might get leaked and can be misused, but that’s not the case with Abha Card because it’s secured with the latest software, which is quite impossible to hack. Also, it has unique identification names and codes, which are shared only with the individual it belongs to.
- The second most beneficial and important feature is that your medical history will be recorded with the government. So whenever you want aid from the government for any medical issue, then the government can easily check your records and would be able to know about your medical history and the problems for which you demand aid; this will make things continent for both yourself and the government.
- Another essential feature is that whenever you require a medical report for the tests and treatments you had in the past, it won’t be necessary to carry all those documents around. After having an Abha Card, all you need to do is log in to the website and easily get access to all your documents.
- Lastly, having an Abha Card will be very beneficial for those people who are travelling to various places or countries. You won’t have to worry about carrying all your medical documents every time you travel. All you need to do is carry the Abha Card, and wherever you go, it will be very easy for the government or hospital to access your medical history.
These are some of the essential features that every Indian citizen should know. Having an Abha Card will not only make things easier, but also it will be very helpful in medical emergencies. This is why everyone should have an Abha Card and keep all their documents updated with the government.
The Abha Card is a great invention, and it has been launched to help Indian citizens in the best possible way. It’s quite easy to apply for the Abha Card. The government has provided a website where you need to enter all your details, and then you can easily access all the benefits of the Abha Card.
How to Create an Abha Card for Yourself?
Since everything is online today, you don’t need to visit offices or centres. You can easily do everything by using your Smartphone only. To get your own Abha Card, all you need to do is follow the steps given below:-
- Visit the official website of Ayushmaan Bharat Health Account (ABHA).
- Click on the “Create New Abha Card” option.
- Enter your official Aadhaar Number.
- Hit the option “Send OTP.”
- After the OTP arrives on your registered number, enter the OTP in the box.
- Hit the “Verify” button.
- Now after the successful verification, enter your current mobile number.
- After completing the procedure, you will have access to your Abha card.
The most important thing you should remember is your abha address in health card. Abha address is a username that is self-declared by every user himself/herself. It’s a unique number, and every abha cardholder has their abha number. You must remember your abha address as it’s essential for signing into HIE-CM (Health Information Exchange & Consent Manager). Along with Abha’s address, your abha number should also be necessary and not be shared. It’s an identification number that will lead you directly to your details, and sharing it can cause trouble.