What Are Mesothelioma Lawsuits?
Mesothelioma lawsuits are a legal mechanism that helps Malignant mesothelioma Cancer victims and their families pursue financial compensation legally from negligent manufacturers of asbestos fibers-containing products.
Generally, most mesothelioma lawsuits settle out of court for the amount of around $1 million but an experienced attorney/lawyer can help you secure the financial compensation quickly.
Types Of Mesothelioma Lawsuits
- Mesothelioma lawsuits for Personal injury claims
- Mesothelioma lawsuits for Wrongful death claims
In a Mesothelioma lawsuit trial, The cancer patient/victim can seek up to $2.4 million compensation from a company that exposed them the asbestos fibers.
Who Is Eligible To File A Mesothelioma Asbestos Lawsuit?
The eligibility for bringing a Mesothelioma Asbestos Lawsuit depends on the documentation of the mesothelioma diagnosis. You must provide your medical records and tests from the hospitals where you or a loved one received treatment or passed away while receiving it.
You also as a family representative, need to showcase documents related to asbestos exposure along with a history that triggered mesothelioma cancer. For this, your/deceased employment records with the company are required during the trial of the lawsuit.
Special Cases In Mesothelioma Asbestos Lawsuit
In case the company liable for mesothelioma exposure filed for bankruptcy, Your lawyer will file a trust fund claim rather than Mesothelioma lawsuits. There one will get medicare, health insurance, and disability benefits as an option for compensation
The mesothelioma lawsuit filing is not limited to the state in the case happened. One can file it in any other state as well with an experienced mesothelioma attorney, who will also guide you best court to file your Mesothelioma lawsuits. According to an industry assessment, more than 3,600 mesothelioma lawsuit claims were made in the year 2020.
California, Ohio, Texas, West Virginia, Georgia, New York, Illinois, Florida, and Pennsylvania are considered key states for Mesothelioma lawsuits
Key Steps To File A Mesothelioma Lawsuit
- Select an Attorney
- Prepare the Case Review documentation
- File Mesothelioma Lawsuit with an attorney
- Reviewing Responses and Discovery
- Final Settlement or Trial
Case Of Mesothelioma Lawsuit Verdicts & Fund Claim Payouts Patient Or Their Family Received From The Settlement
- Retired steelworker got $250 million in 2003 for asbestos insulation
- A racecar driver’s wife got $75 million in 2017 for overexposure to asbestos-containing engine gaskets
- A construction worker’s family got $48 million in 2012 over the exposure to asbestos in building materials
- A talcum powder user was awarded $29.4 million in 2019 over a long-time exposure to asbestos contamination in talcum powder
- A factory worker’s family got $18.6 million in 2014 over asbestos exposure at a tire plant
- A barber’s son Got $18 million in 2016 for overexposure to asbestos contamination in talcum powder
Know More –
How to Navigate Pedestrian Car Accidents | PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY: A COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE TO PROTECTING YOUR RIGHTS | PROTECTING YOURSELF AFTER AN ACCIDENT | HOW DRIVER’s LICENSE STATUS AFFECTS AUTO INSURANCE RATE